Many gamers have grown obsessed with FPS numbers. It is pretty easy to understand: the more frames you get while playing a video game, the more “dense” and beautiful the virtual world will be.
It is difficult to understand the situation with Counter-Strike Global Offensive. CSGO maps are stunning with a high index of FPS and have significant benefits of quick synchronization with your server. You want your computer to be manageable in competitive shooters. A slight technical glitch can result in a lost round, a poor match, and even a negative reputation within the online community.
You may need to adjust settings in-game to optimize performance and prevent technical problems. This article will assist you in doing so. It also explains how many FPS are required in CS: GO.
How to show FPS in CSGO
Two methods can be used to ensure that you always have an FPS count in your game. While it might not always be helpful, it can be used to adjust the settings of CS: GO on your PC.
Method 1 – via steam
Steam allows you to activate an FPS Checker for all Steam games.
- Open Steam App.
- Use the menu Steam > Settings.
- Choose the In-Game tab from the left menu in the open window.
- Find Ingame FPS Counter Steam, and adjust its position on your screen (top-bottom or left-right).
- Mark High contrast to see the FPS indicator.
- Click the OK Button.
Method 2 – via FPS Commands CS: GO
CS: GO gamers can access more settings in the game by using console commands. These codes can be entered directly into the console screen. Some of these codes are directly connected to Frames Per Second.
How can you see FPS in CSGO using console commands?
- In the game settings, make sure it is enabled.
- Use the tilde or keys to access your keyboard.
- Enter the command.
That’s it! Now, the FPS tracker will appear on your screen.
Commands for FPS in CSGO
Frames per second continue to be a popular topic among CS: GO, players. It is especially true for those who enjoy trying to control every aspect of the game, such as starting their esports career. Does it sound like your gaming style? This detailed description of CSGO FPS commands available.
- cl_showfps1 – Use this command to activate the FPS overlay
- cl_showfps 0 – to disable FPS
- net_graph1 – This command allows players to see CS: GO FPS, but it also gives additional information, such as your current ping
- net_graph – To disable this indicator
- net_graph 2 – demonstrates your network data
- net_graph – Information about the computer load
You don’t have to enter CS: console commands each time you want FPS displayed. Instead, bind these commands with some keys. More information is available in the article CSGO binds.
- Create Autoexec.cfg – open the standard config.cfg folder Steam\userdata\yourSteamID\730\local\cfg\config.cfg, using Notepad ++.
- Your binding commands should be added.
- Please save the file in the same folder, but give it the name Autoexec. cfg.
How many FPS do you need?
It depends mainly on your computer’s power. You should get the best performance from your gaming computer with a powerful graphics card. The below FPS information will satisfy your curiosity.
This list describes the meanings of numbers on the FPS indicator.
- 0-30FPS This is a low FPS version of CS: GO. This picture may need to be more precise, and you might experience lags.
- 30-60 FPS is a common situation for most computers. Excellent visuals without technical problems
- 60-100 FPS is a reasonable level. Multilayer is beautiful, and you’re pretty efficient.
- 100-300 FPS Excellent performance, great graphics, and flawless synchronization to the server
How can I increase FPS in CSGO?
Many players desire smooth frame rates in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. You can use these commands to raise your frames per second index for older systems. It is not intended to improve the picture but to improve synchronization with your server and enhance your in game performance.
- r_drawparticles 0, func_break_max_pieces 0 – you will not see various minuscule objects on the screen. It reduces the computer’s load.
- muzzleflash_light 0, r_drawtracers_firstperson 0, r_dynamic 0, mat_disable_bloom 1 – here will be much fewer visual effects from shooting.
You can also make the crosshair more convenient for your style of play to increase your effectiveness in CSGO. You might find the CSGO crosshair commands helpful.
- FPS_max 60 This command sets the maximum FPS value. This command can be used to improve performance in some instances. fps_max eliminates all limitations.
Some players use the launch option to add commands to the game.